How to Buy Bitcoins
LocalCoinATM makes exchanging cash for bitcoins easy. Here are a few instructions to help you buy and store bitcoins safely.
Click the video below to watch a quick tutorial on how to use one of our ATM machines.
STEP ONE: GET A BITCOIN WALLET
We recommend the following easy-to-use wallets. You'll need to take this wallet (or a printed QR code) with you, to the machine.
Caution: Make sure that the wallet used supports Bitcoin. If the wallet is not compatible, you will lose your transaction amount.
STEP THREE: SCANNING YOUR BITCOIN QR CODE
- Tap the machine's touchscreen, then read the on-screen prompt.
- Select cryptocurrency: Bitcoin
- In your wallet, find your address' QR code
- Hold it up to the machine's camera; the machine will scan it.
This tells the machine where to send your Litecoin once you've confirmed your purchase.
STEP FOUR : PURCHASING YOUR BITCOINS
- After scanning the QR code, insert your CAD or USD* bill(s).
* Only our Niagara location accepts USD bills
- Confirm the amount on the screen to complete your purchase.
Please note that there will be a service fee, which varies based on the Bitcoin market.
STEP FIVE: RECEIVING YOUR BITCOINS
Once you've confirmed your purchase, your bitcoins will be sent to the address you provided*.
Transactions are usually instantaneous, but may take anywhere between 10–30 minutes, or even 1–2 hours in rare cases**.
Transactions at our ATMs are 100% anonymous.
* If you are going to send funds to another person, we recommended sending it to your own wallet first—especially if you do not know them personally.
** It is recommended that you wait for at least one confirmation on the Blockchain before spending or sending your purchased funds.
Sign up for Special Updates on discounts, new locations, and much more!