STEP ONE: GET A BITCOIN WALLET
We recommend the following easy-to-use wallets. You'll need to take this wallet (or a printed QR code) with you, to the machine.
Caution: Make sure that the wallet used supports Bitcoin. If the wallet is not compatible, you will lose your transaction amount.
STEP TWO: GO TO THE NEAREST ATM
- Find the closest ATM near you.
- No ID is needed. All you need is your wallet address QR code and cash.
STEP THREE: SCANNING YOUR BITCOIN QR CODE
- Tap the machine's touchscreen, then read the on-screen prompt.
- Select cryptocurrency: Bitcoin
- In your wallet, find your address' QR code
- Hold it up to the machine's camera; the machine will scan it.
This tells the machine where to send your Litecoin once you've confirmed your purchase.
STEP FOUR : PURCHASING YOUR BITCOINS
- After scanning the QR code, insert your CAD or USD* bill(s).
* Only our Niagara location accepts USD bills
- Confirm the amount on the screen to complete your purchase.
Please note that there will be a service fee, which varies based on the Bitcoin market.
STEP FIVE: RECEIVING YOUR BITCOINS
Once you've confirmed your purchase, your bitcoins will be sent to the address you provided*.
Transactions are usually instantaneous, but may take anywhere between 10–30 minutes, or even 1–2 hours in rare cases**.
Transactions at our ATMs are 100% anonymous.
* If you are going to send funds to another person, we recommended sending it to your own wallet first—especially if you do not know them personally.
** It is recommended that you wait for at least one confirmation on the Blockchain before spending or sending your purchased funds.
Click the video below to watch a quick tutorial on how to use one of our ATM machines.
Sign up for Special Updates on discounts, new locations, and much more!