Sell Bitcoin in Canada
Sell your Bitcoin instantly in a few simple steps
Step 1 - Get a Bitcoin Wallet
We recommend the following easy-to-use wallets. You'll need to take this wallet (or a printed QR code) with you, to the machine.
Caution: Make sure that the wallet used supports Bitcoin. If the wallet is not compatible, you will lose your transaction amount.
Step 2 - Find the Nearest ATM
Find the closest ATM near you.
All you need is your wallet address QR code and cash.
Find A Localcoin ATM
0 RESULTS FOUND
Enter your search
Step 3 - Select "Sell"
- Tap the machine's touchscreen, then read the on-screen prompt.
- Select cryptocurrency: Bitcoin
- Select "Sell"
*ID verification may be required for larger transactions
Step 4 - Select Amount to Sell
- In intervals of $50 CAD or $100 CAD, tap the "+" button(s) to add to the amount of bitcoin you wish to sell or tap the "-" button(s) to subtract from the amount of bitcoins you wish to sell.
- Tap "Sell Bitcoins" to confirm the transaction
Please note that there will be a service fee, which varies based on the Bitcoin market.
Step 5 - Send Bitcoin and Receive Cash
- A receipt will be printed with a QR code. This QR code is the address to which you will send your bitcoin to
- Using your mobile wallet, scan the QR code to send your bitcoin
- Transactions can take up to 1 hour to complete
- Tap the machine's touchscreen and select "Redeem Ticket"
- Scan the QR code on the printed receipt.
Once your transaction has been confirmed you will receive your cash; otherwise, you will be told that it is not ready for withdrawal.