How to Buy Ether
LocalCoinATM makes exchanging cash for ether easy. Here's a few instructions to help you buy and store ether safely.
STEP ONE: GET AN ETHEREUM WALLET
We recommend the following easy-to-use wallets. You'll need to take this wallet (or a printed QR code) with you, to the machine.
Caution: Make sure that the wallet used supports Ethereum. If the wallet is not compatible, you will lose your transaction amount.
STEP THREE: SCANNING YOUR ETHEREUM QR CODE
- Tap the machine's touchscreen, then read the on-screen prompt.
- Select cryptocurrency: Ethereum
- In your wallet, find your address' QR code
- Hold it up to the machine's camera; the machine will scan it.
This tells the machine where to send your ether once you've confirmed your purchase.
STEP FOUR : PURCHASING YOUR ETHER
- After scanning the QR code, insert your CAD or USD* bill(s).
* Only our Niagara location accepts USD bills
- Confirm the amount on the screen to complete your purchase.
Please note that there will be a service fee, which varies based on the Bitcoin market.
STEP FIVE: RECEIVING YOUR ETHER
Once you've confirmed your purchase, your ether will be sent to the address you provided*.
Transactions are usually instantaneous, but may take anywhere between 10–30 minutes, or even 1–2 hours in rare cases**.
Transactions at our ATMs are 100% anonymous.
* If you are going to send funds to another person, we recommended sending it to your own wallet first—especially if you do not know them personally.
** It is recommended that you wait for at least one confirmation on the Blockchain before spending or sending your purchased funds.
Sign up for Special Updates on discounts, new locations, and much more!