Localcoin Security Update: March 20th, 2023
- By Localcoin
- March 20, 2023
We want to assure our customers that Localcoin was not affected by the recent security incident at GeneralBytes. As a non-custodial cryptocurrency exchange, we do not hold our customers' funds or personal information, which minimizes the risk of security incidents impacting our customers. We are subject to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and other relevant laws and regulations, which help ensure that our customers' information is protected.
To reiterate, there was NO breach of security safeguards involving personal information under our control and there was NO breach of security safeguards creating a real risk of significant harm (RROSH) to any of our customers.
At Localcoin, we take the privacy and security of our customers very seriously. We have not experienced any data breaches or loss of funds, and we will continue to work diligently to maintain the security of our platform.
We appreciate the trust and confidence that our customers place in us and encourage them to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity or concerns related to Localcoin.
Thank you for your continued support of Localcoin.
- How to Easily Buy Ethereum with Cash at a Bitcoin ATM
- The Impending Investment Revolution: The Rise of Bitcoin Spot ETFs
- Bitcoin Real-World Use Cases: 20 ways to Spend your Bitcoin in 2023
- The State of Bitcoin ATM Market in Canada
- Localcoin's Ripple Effect: XRP Makes Its Way to Top Bitcoin ATMs in Canada