Sell Bitcoin in Canada
Sell your Bitcoin instantly in a few simple steps
Step 1 - Get a Bitcoin Wallet
We recommend the following easy-to-use wallets. You'll need to take this wallet with you to the machine and know how to send Bitcoin to a QR code.
Caution: Make sure that the wallet used supports Bitcoin. Our Sell machines only accept Bitcoin at this time.
Step 2 - Find the Nearest ATM
Find the closest Bitcoin ATM near you.
All you need is your mobile wallet and BTC.
Find A Localcoin ATM
0 RESULTS FOUND
Enter your search
Step 3 - Select "Sell"
- Tap the machine's touchscreen, then read the on-screen prompt
- Select cryptocurrency: Bitcoin
- Select "Sell"
- Enter your phone number and enter the one-time passcode delivered to you via SMS/text
*ID verification may be required for larger transactions
Step 4 - Select Amount to Sell
- In intervals of $50 CAD or $100 CAD, tap the "+" button(s) to add to the amount of bitcoin you wish to sell or tap the "-" button(s) to subtract from the amount of bitcoins you wish to sell.
- Tap "Sell Bitcoins" to confirm the transaction.
- Tap "Yes" to confirm that you would like SMS/text updates on your transaction.
Please note that there will be a service fee, which varies based on the Bitcoin market.
Step 5 - Send Bitcoin
- The machine will display a QR code, this code has both the receiving address and the correct bitcoin amount encoded in it. Using your mobile wallet, scan the QR code and the BTC value will already be populated
- Send the bitcoin to the QR code shown on screen
- You will have to wait for your transaction to be confirmed on the blockchain, once it is ready you will receive a text indicating your withdrawal is ready.
Once your transaction has been confirmed you will receive your cash; otherwise, you will be told that it is not ready for withdrawal.
Step 6 - Receive Cash
- Once you have received a text indicating your withdrawal is ready tap the machine's touchscreen, tap the Bitcoin Icon and tap: "Withdrawal Cash"
- Enter your phone number, and enter the one-time passcode delivered to you by SMS/text
- Note: This code will be 9 digits long not the usual 5 digits
- Select the transaction you would like to withdraw. The transaction ID will match the one texted to you earlier.
- Your cash will be dispensed and is ready for you to use!